Sunday, January 14, 2007

Whole the world is a stage.....



The Stage has fascinated me ever since I could distinguish myself from my mirror image... It's always a pleasure to have the feeling that some one is watching you...[ May be not in an Examination Hall...:-)...]..

I had my first real time experinece when i was a KG student... back in 1988... my purpose was to deliver a speech on ONAM at my KG.. the whole operation ended up as an utter failure... all I could manage to say was around 6 sentences...rest,I forgot...! I still have those pictures of me, walking bak to mom, with watery eyes. But i didn't cry till I reached her. And it all burst out.... I couldnt bear the agony anymore.. I was humiliated.......

My teacher at KG( she was a Nun, don remembr her name) again asked me to learn a pseech for the Xmas celeb.... goin back to the stage was somethng I never ever wanted to do.. but she insisted... Mom took real pain preparing for it. and the D Day came... but this time it went OK...My teacher presented me a gift for it, Actually the Santa himself gave me it. That was enough for me to forget the salty tears that i shed a few months b4 that.....



And in the next few months, I went on that stage many times.... once as an actor, many time as a speaker and the main thing, as a "Kaaadhikan".... with a 'Kadhaprasangam' based on the touching poem by Vylopally titled "Mampazham"..... I still have that photo of mine wearing silk shirt and dhothi( I was hardly 4 feet tall!)... with a thin moustache drawn for the dramatic effect....For those who dont the poem. it is a traic story where the last 3 min echoes utmost pathos....i managed to create the mood among the audience, I m sure!

It so happened in my first standard that, when i was delivering a speech, i forgot to zip up my pants and the shirt that i had tucked in pokd out of my zip. The pants was white in colour and the shirt was bright Red.....in short, it was visible till the end of the hall..:-)

From my secondary school, I was very much active in various extra curricular activs that I came across, but still the theatre attracted me the most.

I wrote ma first drama and directed wen i was a 7th standard student....based on the prodigal son's story in bible.... story comfortably abridged to the socio-economic backgrond of Kerala... he he.... Writing the script was easier, but directing a herd of bully boys was the most diffcult thing.. Sumesh,Varun,Siju,Sailesh,Patta etc.. And when we were peforming , after half way through, every one lost their concentration.. characters started appearing in scenes in which they are not supposed to come...funny naa?

Even after all those years.. i still feel that excitement and enthu.. whenever i face an audience.....

No comments: